Recently, I tried transfering some new ebook to my Kindle Paperwhite (first generation), the books were listed properly. However, when I tried to open them I got
“Unable to Open Item” error, suggesting I re-download the books from Amazon. I tried transferring the files again and again, but it didnt’ help. Some of the books were
mobi files while others were “AZW` (which I got from אינדיבוק) and all of them opened fine on my computer.
Finally, I followed an advice from a comment in the KindledFans blog, and converted the files to
AZW3 (the original comment suggested
AZW3 works better with Hebrew). After converting, I moved the files to my Kindle and they opened just fine.